Economic Assistance & Work Services
Emergency Assistance Grants
This is a grant program for low-income families facing eviction/foreclosure or who are homeless and moving into a new place, or for those affected by fire, flood, or other natural disasters.
Who May Qualify and How to Apply?
Families with limited resources that has not received an Emergency Assistance grant already in the last 12 months can qualify for Emergency Assistance if:
- There is at least one minor dependent in the home.
- They have a 5-day eviction notice for non-payment of rent.
- The household is currently homeless that has found new housing to move into.
- The group has less than $2,500 in assets.
- The household have less than 115% FPL of monthly gross income (before taxes are taken out).
Residents of Dane County can call the Emergency Assistance desk at (608) 216-7605.
Applications can cannot be faxed or mailed; they must be made, in person, at the following location:
Job Center [Monday through Friday]
Emergency Assistance requires a paper application; there is not an on-line option for this program.
For Emergency Assistance eligibility information please visit the State website at dcf.wisconsin.gov/w2/ea.htm.
For community resources phone the United Way of Dane County at 211 or on-line at www.unitedwaydanecounty.org.