Seal of Dane County County of Dane
Dane County Department of Human Services

FoodShare Wisconsin

FoodShare Wisconsin was created to help stop hunger and to improve nutrition and health throughout the state. FoodShare helps people with limited money buy the food they need for good health.


A bag of healthy groceries for FoodShare.

Who Qualifies for FoodShare and How to Apply

Families and individuals with limited income and resources may qualify for FoodShare benefits. To check potential eligibility and to apply, please visit ACCESS Wisconsin here.

Residents of Dane County can also call the Capital Consortium Call Center at 1 (888) 794-5556 to apply or with general eligibility questions. Also, the Dane County Job Center has computers available to complete online applications.

In-person applications can be made at the following location:

For more information regarding FoodShare, please visit the state website here.

For community resources, call the United Way of Dane County at 2-1-1, or visit them online at



USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at here, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail:

    U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington D.C. 20250-9410;

  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. E-mail:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.