- Age 17 or younger.
- Resident of Dane County—
physical presence with intent to remain. For Intensive Autism Services there is a six-month residency requirement.
- For children of divorced parents, the county responsible for service is the county of residence of the parent(s) having legal custody of the child. If the parents have joint custody and live in different counties, the county of residence is the county where the child has his/her primary home.
- If a child is under Guardianship, the county responsible for service is the county of residence of the guardian or legal custodian.
- Children who are currently institutionalized are considered residents of the county that is fiscally responsible for that child on the institutional records.
- The child has a severe physical, emotional, or mental impairment that is diagnosed medically, behaviorally, or psychologically.
- The disability is likely to continue indefinitely.
- The disability results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of life activity.
Birth to 3 Program
Birth to 3 programs have different eligibility criteria established by State statutes. For more information, please follow this link: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/birthto3/.
How to Apply
For “Bridges for Families” (Birth to 3 program for families residing within the Madison School District) please call Imagine a Child’s Capacity at (608) 204-6242 or visit www.icc-wi.org for more information.
For “Birth to 3 Connections” (Birth to 3 program for families residing outside the Madison School District) please contact United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Dane County at (608) 273-3232 or visit www.ucp.org/ucp_local.cfm/152 for more information.
For general information and referral about services for children with developmental disabilities and the Family Support Program, please contact The Family Support and Resource Center at (608) 237-7630 or www.fsrcdane.org or linkdanecounty.org.
Dane County is administratively responsible for assessing and collecting the parental ability to pay for most children’s programs. For information regarding the State of Wisconsin’s Parental Cost Share Fees, please visit this State web site. If you are a Dane County resident and have questions about your child’s cost share, please e-mail the DD Program Specialist or call (608) 242-6225.