Badger Prairie Health Care Center
Recreation Therapy uses recreation services and leisure experiences to help people with limitations enhance - physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. Recreation Activity Therapy staff at BPHCC selects activity programs that are utilized to treat or maintain the physical, mental and emotional well being of individuals served. These interventions help individuals reduce the effects of illness or disability and achieve an optimal level of personal independence. The goals of interventions include improving physical, cognitive and social functioning.
Activity Programs at BPHCC
- Community Outings: out to eat, pontoon boat rides, fishing, farmers market, movies, bus rides
- Social Events: concerts, picnics, parties
- Dementia Programming: sensory stimulation, aroma therapy, reminiscing
- Exercise programs
- A variety of religious services / studies
- 1-on-1, small group, and all facility programs are offered on a daily basis
To volunteer individually or as a group in the Recreation Activity Therapy department, contact Jeff Lyon, Director of Recreation Therapy and Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 608-845-1210. Badger Prairie will work to find the best fit of your talents to help us meet the needs of our residents.