Aging and Disability Resource Center
To advise the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dane County as it fulfills its mission to support seniors, adults with disabilities, their families and caregivers by providing useful information, assistance and education on community services and long-term care options and by serving as the single entry point for publicly funded long-term care services while at all times respecting the rights, dignity and preference of the individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the structure, policies and procedures of the ADRC within the State guidelines and local governance.
- Advocate with local, state and federal officials on policy issues germane to the welfare of the ADRC and its target populations.
- Ensure that the ADRC has a viable plan for implementation and operation of services and programs and oversee that implementation.
- Identify unmet needs and develop strategies to address them.
- Ensure input from consumers, service providers and local constituents in the policies, practices and goals of the ADRC.
- Review and recommend an annual budget to the County Executive.
- Ensure that the terms of the State ADRC contract are fulfilled.
- Represent the interest of all target groups served by the ADRC.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of all ADRC activities (including Board activities) to ensure long-term effectiveness.
- In concert with staff, develop annual goals to ensure programs are fulfilling the ADRC's mission.
- Review the number and type of complaints, appeals and grievances received concerning ADRC operations and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Other duties as identified to maximize the effectiveness of the ADRC.
The ADRC Governing Board usually meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 3:00 p.m.. Most meetings will be held at the ADRC, 2865 N. Sherman Avenue, Madison, but some meetings will be held at other locations. Meetings are open to the public. To confirm meeting time and location, check the web page for Agendas and Minutes or contact County Staff.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and Minutes can be found here: www.countyofdane.com/committees/agendas.aspx.
Contact the ADRC
- Web Site
Contact County Staff regarding ADRC Governing Board
- Jennifer Fischer, ADRC Manager
- Fran Genter, Adult Community Services Manager