Transportation for Older Adults and People with Disabilities
Specialized Transportation Services
County Coordinated Group Rides (CCGR) is a group transportation service for adults with developmental disabilities who travel to/from the MARC centers in Madison, Stoughton and Mt. Horeb as well as to/from Opportunities Inc. in Madison. Group Rides to Adult Day Centers (GRADC) is a group transportation service that transports frail elderly and adults with developmental disabilities to the Madison Adult Day Centers.
The service is door-to-door. Rides are scheduled and group or shared rides are provided in accessible vehicles. Service is Monday through Friday.
- General Eligibility:
- CCGR—adults with developmental disabilities and GRADC—frail adults and adults with developmental disabilities who are enrolled in Long-Term Support through either Family Care, Family Care Partnership, or IRIS.
- Family Care, Family Care Partnership or IRIS cover the cost of the rides.
- How to Apply:
- Family Care, Family Care Partnership or IRIS contact Dane County to coordinate rides.
- Transportation Reference and Individualized Planning ToolKit:
- This Toolkit is designed to increase informed transportation decision making by youth and adults with developmental disabilities and those who care for them. This toolkit provides a detailed framework to identify the needs for specialized rides.