Children, Youth and Families
Foster Parent Licensing Process
There are several elements involved in becoming a Dane County Foster Parent including:
- Attending an informational meeting to receive a foster care application.
- Complete a foster care application.
- Prescreening for eligibility, including criminal records checks, references, FBI, Sex Offender Registry, Child Abuse/Neglect Registries.
- Attend and complete Wisconsin Pre-placement Training for Foster Parents.
- Meet with a licensing consultant to complete a foster family assessment.
- Within first licensing period, complete 30 hours of Foundation Training.
* The entire process start to finish usually takes 4-6 months to complete.